Fees Homepage

                     what fees do I pay?           how do I pay?            when do I pay?

Students enrolling at the University are generally liable for tuition fees or student contribution charges and the Student Services and Amenities fee (SSAF). In some cases students may be charged for materials, and where rules are infringed penalty fees may be payable. Eligible students are able to pay or defer fees through HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. The University administers a number of scholarships and other forms of financial aid to support students.

Changes to HECS_HELP

Following the recent upgrade to the University's Student System, some changes have been made to the way the University manages Commonwealth Support. Click the following link for more:

Changes to HECS-HELP Management

Government Assistance

Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN)
Commonwealth Support – Postgraduate
Commonwealth Support – Undergraduate
Masters programs approved for income assistance payments
Student Contribution charges
SA-HELP (Student Services & Amenities Fee Assistance)
Study Assist (Government site)


Summer Term

Australian School of Business Summer Term fees

International Students

International Fee Policy
Sponsored students
Tuition Protection Service (Government site)


Fee Policies

Policy, Fee – Domestic
Policy, Fee – International




 Fee Estimator


Fines, Library (MyMonitor)



Refund - Domestic students
Refund - International students
Refund of Overpayment Application (pdf)


Remission of Financial Liability


Payment Plan Application (pdf)

Contact us

In person: UNSW Student Central, Map reference C22, Ground Floor, Chancellery Building (beside the Library Lawn), Kensington campus
Phone: (02) 9385 8500
Email: Student Financials Team (fees@unsw.edu.au)